Monday, December 26, 2011

So....it's been a while...


So, I haven't written in quite a long time, but I want to make this blog complete...so here it goes. 


Last time I wrote, it was in September right before the 18th, Chile's Fiestas Patrias....a national celebration for the country. I had fun but my weekend didn't really live up to all the hype. Oh well. At the end of the month, the group went to Pichilemu to celebrate Mel's birthday.


Pichilemu for Mel's b-day




October was a very difficult month....probably why I haven't posted in a while. The month started off with a break up (those are never fun). I then continued to have a mini early 20s life crisis because I was still unsure of what career path I wanted to pursue, and I was very undecided on if I wanted to stay here in Chile for another year or so (or two or three). I'm glad October came and went. October did have some fun aspects though- Halloween and got outside of the city a couple times. 


Pomaire

Viña del Mar




carved a pumpkin for Halloween
Halloween- yep, that happened.


November was better. I kept busy with preparing for the end of the semester at school and all that comes with it. I had the awesome experience of going to a Chile soccer game. It was so cool. Remember, soccer is ridiculously popular here. So fun!  Also, my gringo friends and I celebrated Thanksgiving together (delicious). Being away from home during the holidays is hard, but the gathering made that a lot better! Other events in November include the TeachingChile reunion (always a good time) and hanging out by the pool getting my tan on. 


Scott's birthday
Chile soccer game



Thanksgiving
TC reunion


December has come very quickly. At the beginning of the month were finals at Duoc. I felt kind of strange ending at Duoc.....the end of a routine that I was so used to and knowing that I won't see many of my students again. A few days later, I left for an 8 day trip to Southern Chile (blog post to follow). It was an awesome trip. Shortly after I got back, the goodbyes started as a few of my friends went back home for good. I don't like goodbyes. It's a bit harder saying goodbye to my Chilean friends because I know that there's a possibility I will never see some of them again. With the Americans, it will be a bit easier to be able to see them again. 



English department barbecue


despedida gigante


Anywho, it's summer here....and dang, is it hot. It hasn't felt like the holiday season at all. You know, there's no snow here...I'm not freezing my butt off, etc. I didn't get used to hearing Christmas songs in the grocery store or seeing Christmas decorations while I was sweating in shorts and a t-shirt. Even though I wasn't at home with my family, I still got to celebrate! On Christmas Eve, I was with a friend and fellow teacher, her husband and her father. On Christmas Day, I spent all day with a couple other friends. It was great being with such good company. 


Christmas Eve with Daniela 




Christmas dinner!

the spread




So, throughout the last few months, I've decided to come back to the U.S. I'll be home on January 19th (a little more than 3 weeks from now- eek). The plan is to get a job anywhere I find one in the marketing aspect of business; although, I think being a director of the international education department of a university would be pretty cool (I'll try working my way up). It was a really hard decision to make on whether or not to stay here. Unfortunately, my salary here right now as a teacher doesn't cut it because I have loans to pay back from college (those ruin everything). If loans didn't exist, I think I would have definitely stayed here longer. I think I'll be back though. More on the mushy subject of leaving Chile to come later. Now it's off to enjoy my last few weeks here (this time around) and take out of Santiago all there is to take. 

No comments:

Post a Comment